Redline Turbo Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redline Turbo Forum

The place to discuss turbo stuff.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inBadloveaddiction.com

Track Making- Google Earth .kml help

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MR.JEFF

MR.JEFF

Track Making- Google Earth .kml help Empty
PostSubject: Track Making- Google Earth .kml help   Track Making- Google Earth .kml help I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 2:19 pm

Alright so I decided to take up the challenge of making my first track. I may have started with a bit more than I can handle, but I think I can make it work Very Happy. There is a professional racetrack not too far from my house that I decided to make into a Redline plugin. It is called Infineon Raceway Track Making- Google Earth .kml help Infineon_raceway

I have already run into some problems, however Sad
I traced the raceway in Google Earth (following the wiki instructions) and I have the .kml file saved in my documents. However, when I try to import the .kml into the rccproject.app (again, following instructions from the track making wiki), the app just crashes over and over.
Any ideas, guys? How do I get the .kml file into a format I can work with for the tools in the Redline Tool Chest?
Thanks!

Last edited by MR.JEFF on Mon May 17, 2010 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MR.JEFF

MR.JEFF

PostSubject: Re: Track Making- Google Earth .kml help   Track Making- Google Earth .kml help I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 10:50 pm

nevermind, figured it out. turns out the new version of google earth (v5) doesnt export the .kml in the same way it used to. I had to download v 4.3 to get it to work

Here is the actual overview of the track i traced:
Track Making- Google Earth .kml help Infineonoverview
Back to top Go down
SP!TF!RE

SP!TF!RE

PostSubject: Re: Track Making- Google Earth .kml help   Track Making- Google Earth .kml help I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 7:13 pm

good luck Jeff hope it turns out the way you hope it will
Back to top Go down
http://www.tbspitfire.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Track Making- Google Earth .kml help   Track Making- Google Earth .kml help I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Track Making- Google Earth .kml help
Page 1 of 1