Redline Turbo Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redline Turbo Forum

The place to discuss turbo stuff.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inBadloveaddiction.com

Designing Cars

Go down 
+3
OMD
Slingshot
MR.JEFF
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MR.JEFF

MR.JEFF

Designing Cars Empty
PostSubject: Designing Cars   Designing Cars I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 2:08 pm

Would it be possible to make a motorcycle plugin?? im assuming that since there arent any out there, there is some problem with trying to create one. I just thought it would be cool to race on a gsxr or something, cuz motorcycles are really fun. Also, is it possible to make flying cars go faster?
Back to top Go down
Slingshot

Slingshot

Designing Cars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Designing Cars   Designing Cars I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 2:59 pm

MR.JEFF wrote:
Would it be possible to make a motorcycle plugin?? im assuming that since there arent any out there, there is some problem with trying to create one. I just thought it would be cool to race on a gsxr or something, cuz motorcycles are really fun. Also, is it possible to make flying cars go faster?

I think this question has been covered more than once on the Ambrosia Redline board. As I recall there was some sort of physics reason as to why this would not be possible. (For whatever reason, it would just fall over.) A three wheeler might be possible though but not very practical.

Last edited by Slingshot on Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OMD

OMD

Designing Cars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Designing Cars   Designing Cars I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 3:04 pm

http://www.pimley.net/projects/downloads/MiniTrophy2010.zip

The Mini Trophy plug with my new skin!
Back to top Go down
Feeshticle

Designing Cars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Designing Cars   Designing Cars I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 3:09 pm

sim cars crash enough without being on bikes lol
Back to top Go down
Slingshot

Slingshot

Designing Cars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Designing Cars   Designing Cars I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 4:24 pm

OMD wrote:
http://www.pimley.net/projects/downloads/MiniTrophy2010.zip

The Mini Trophy plug with my new skin!

I suppose that's better than the one with your old skin.javascript:emoticonp('Laughing')
Back to top Go down
MR.JEFF

MR.JEFF

Designing Cars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Designing Cars   Designing Cars I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 6:40 pm

yea i figured it would be something about the physics. thats too bad, bikes are really fun. oh well :/
Back to top Go down
theo_huxtable

theo_huxtable

Designing Cars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Designing Cars   Designing Cars I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 7:39 pm

A lot of people at the ambrosia forums have experimented with 2 wheeled vehicles some years ago. The conclusion was, redline just doesn't support those kind of physics. If you must have a bike, best advice is to put the cog below ground and work from there. It will handle similar to a bike on a single turn but once you throw chicanes at it, it will do very wacky things.

However a Campagna T-rex style vehicle is totally possible, and kind of like a bike.
Back to top Go down
Lum

Lum

Designing Cars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Designing Cars   Designing Cars I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 8:20 pm

The most motorcyclish car I've seen is the Snowmobile. It's pretty cool, imo:

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=127940&hl=snowmobile
Back to top Go down
http://www.badloveaddiction.com
MR.JEFF

MR.JEFF

Designing Cars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Designing Cars   Designing Cars I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 8:28 pm

yea ive used the snowmobile and its pretty cool. its actually what got me thinking about making a bike haha. so does anyone know if its possilbe to make a flying car faster? i was thinking of making an f-22 raptor or some other kind of jet, but if its stuck going slow that would kinda be a waste
Back to top Go down
Slingshot

Slingshot

Designing Cars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Designing Cars   Designing Cars I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 10:14 pm

MR.JEFF wrote:
yea ive used the snowmobile and its pretty cool. its actually what got me thinking about making a bike haha. so does anyone know if its possilbe to make a flying car faster? i was thinking of making an f-22 raptor or some other kind of jet, but if its stuck going slow that would kinda be a waste

There were other old flying ships that were ridiculously fast and pretty much unusable. I may even have them stashed on a hard drive somewhere. The problem is they're fun for about 10 minutes and then they never get used again. I'm not sure you want to spend your time developing things that won't get used that much, but that's your call. By the way, I've found that the best tracks to use the flying cars (like the time machine) are the long rally tracks that Snail made.
Back to top Go down
MR.JEFF

MR.JEFF

Designing Cars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Designing Cars   Designing Cars I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 10:17 pm

yea thats true, theres not much need/use for flying cars. it seemed cool to race in a fighter jet, but after a while you cant do much with it (how are you supposed to play badlove when the car wont flip??)
Back to top Go down
mak

Designing Cars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Designing Cars   Designing Cars I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 9:05 am

i bet you could make one but the physice would be all wrong and it would not be like driving a real moto. rl for cars and it will all ways be for cars lol!
Back to top Go down
http://makbadloveaddiction.com
Sponsored content

Designing Cars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Designing Cars   Designing Cars I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Designing Cars
Page 1 of 1