Redline Turbo Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redline Turbo Forum

The place to discuss turbo stuff.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inBadloveaddiction.com

custom tracks

Go down 
+2
REV
theo_huxtable
6 posters
AuthorMessage
theo_huxtable

theo_huxtable

custom tracks Empty
PostSubject: custom tracks   custom tracks I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 1:09 pm

A while ago there were some add-on tracks made for badlove. They were fun but nowadays they are played very rarely and seem to be more of a novelty. HSL is still THE badlove track. Why you think this is. What is it that makes HSL so successful? And do you think if some features were better implemented into add-on badlove tracks, they will have a greater playability?
Back to top Go down
REV

custom tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: custom tracks   custom tracks I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 3:23 pm

Good point THux,

The host decides what track is used - there lies the solution.
Now and then we have a 'demo' and then there is no choice.

On the other side - is it possible to screw with the HSL?
To add jumps and stuff - makes it more fun.
Back to top Go down
http://www.revrs.com
Drunner

Drunner

custom tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: custom tracks   custom tracks I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 7:49 am

theo_huxtable wrote:
A while ago there were some add-on tracks made for badlove. They were fun but nowadays they are played very rarely and seem to be more of a novelty. HSL is still THE badlove track. Why you think this is. What is it that makes HSL so successful? And do you think if some features were better implemented into add-on badlove tracks, they will have a greater playability?

Well ... All oder BL. add-on Tracks give the impression of not be finished 100% jet, you have the feeling that tomorrow or next week another update will come and all of them still are fetching Tracks (can't do Time Trials on them).
HSL was a completely finished track with Time Trials possibility from beginning on of RL.
Or also see the relatively new Virginia International Raceway Track, when you open it, you immediately know that tis is a finished Track from A to Z, and you can also do Time trials on it.
I think it will be good for all Track Maker's to know what are exactly the Rules or Requisites that have to be completed making Track's for Redline.
cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.andyluescher.ch
Feeshticle

custom tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: custom tracks   custom tracks I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 9:48 pm

i always wondered wht hsl would b like if u cut out a chunk of the straight away, and parts after turn 1 to make it all evn.... so basicly turn1 would go right into turn 2
Back to top Go down
sploden

custom tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: custom tracks   custom tracks I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 12:39 am

I think HSL is timeless for several reasons, but the one I'd like to bring up is the possibility that some people prefer not to change because their style of playing has developed to match a specific track rather than become an adaptable method. That's not to say that people don't have adaptable styles, but that the change from track to track is enough to keep them comfortable in one track.

I hadn't been around for quite a while (approximately two years during which I did not have my own computer), and my skills atrophied. I retained a lot of my adaptability I think, and for this reason I very much prefer playing in different tracks because it brings people down to my level to where there yet again could be a possibility of my team winning, and that is sometimes what keeps games interesting for me.
Back to top Go down
PeteyP

PeteyP

custom tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: custom tracks   custom tracks I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 3:58 am

sploden = newt

hee oldie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

custom tracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: custom tracks   custom tracks I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

custom tracks
Page 1 of 1