Redline Turbo Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redline Turbo Forum

The place to discuss turbo stuff.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inBadloveaddiction.com

New buggy!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SP!TF!RE

SP!TF!RE

New buggy! Empty
PostSubject: New buggy!   New buggy! I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 8:31 pm

New buggy! Screen10

sneak peak?
Back to top Go down
http://www.tbspitfire.com/
theo_huxtable

theo_huxtable

New buggy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New buggy!   New buggy! I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 12:56 am

That looks badass! When will it be available to download?
Back to top Go down
SP!TF!RE

SP!TF!RE

New buggy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New buggy!   New buggy! I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 9:39 pm

in a bit im actually working on it off and on and waiting to set up my old computer so i can compress it into a plug-in file due to the fact mine wont do it because its a newer processor, if someone may have a answer to this i will be forever grateful Smile
Back to top Go down
buzzy

buzzy

New buggy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New buggy!   New buggy! I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 3:37 am

SP!TF!RE wrote:
in a bit im actually working on it off and on and waiting to set up my old computer so i can compress it into a plug-in file due to the fact mine wont do it because its a newer processor, if someone may have a answer to this i will be forever grateful Smile
If you hold command and option while dragging it, it should work, though I've heard otherwise too. ¯\ô_°/¯ works for me anyway.
Back to top Go down
SP!TF!RE

SP!TF!RE

New buggy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New buggy!   New buggy! I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 3:45 pm

buzzy wrote:

If you hold command and option while dragging it, it should work, though I've heard otherwise too. ¯\ô_°/¯ works for me anyway.

Thank you so much buzzy i can't believe it worked Very Happy.
Ok, the awesome thing above will be available shortly thanks to buzzy
Back to top Go down
SP!TF!RE

SP!TF!RE

New buggy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New buggy!   New buggy! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 5:34 pm

well now the plugin will be a while hux had a great idea im helping him with Wink
thanks man
Back to top Go down
theo_huxtable

theo_huxtable

New buggy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New buggy!   New buggy! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 9:38 pm

I noticed my frame rate became a bit choppy when I had two ai buggies in front. I added more ai and it got worse. Maybe the texture file size is to blame? I don't have my redline tools at the moment so I haven't looked for the culprit my self.
Back to top Go down
SP!TF!RE

SP!TF!RE

New buggy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New buggy!   New buggy! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 10:03 pm

theo_huxtable wrote:
I noticed my frame rate became a bit choppy when I had two ai buggies in front. I added more ai and it got worse. Maybe the texture file size is to blame? I don't have my redline tools at the moment so I haven't looked for the culprit my self.

gave you a complete file not even a plug nothing was compressed yet buddy
plus you have to remember its a bit more then the basic models redline is used to but i am hoping i can compress it enough that there will be no lag due to the car
Back to top Go down
theo_huxtable

theo_huxtable

New buggy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New buggy!   New buggy! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 6:04 pm

Woo Mama!! I'd say it's the poly count for sure affraid It kicks redline's ass, hecka nice modeling though.
Back to top Go down
REV

New buggy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New buggy!   New buggy! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 7:03 am

nice car fire!
like to test it sometime...

Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.revrs.com
SP!TF!RE

SP!TF!RE

New buggy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New buggy!   New buggy! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 8:48 pm

Rev it would be a pleasure to have you test it out.
the reason that it isn't out yet is because of Hux's idea and the fact i've been ill for the last month or so No ,
still am but i'm working on it Wink
Back to top Go down
SP!TF!RE

SP!TF!RE

New buggy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New buggy!   New buggy! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 2:11 am

the new Mac Os x lion does not allow you to use the RedLine tool chest i will have to dig out my old ass piece of shit and finish it on there...
was going to do it tonight but i seen it say that.
Evil or Very Mad
someone need to come up with some programs for this shit!
they should make redline more open and throw in some SDK modeling programs sense they don't do jack with it anymore.
Back to top Go down
wheelsmoke

New buggy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New buggy!   New buggy! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 10:58 pm

Spit i regret to inform u that some noob from new jersey or something (wasn't delaware i'm pretty sure) was posing as u. or maybe it was you but i doubt it cuz he was driving like an imbecile.. Neutral come play BL around midday its a whoot.. tongue
Back to top Go down
buzzy

buzzy

New buggy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New buggy!   New buggy! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 8:58 pm

SP!TF!RE wrote:
the new Mac Os x lion does not allow you to use the RedLine tool chest i will have to dig out my old ass piece of shit and finish it on there...
was going to do it tonight but i seen it say that.
Evil or Very Mad
someone need to come up with some programs for this shit!
they should make redline more open and throw in some SDK modeling programs sense they don't do jack with it anymore.
This is actually not as easy a task as it would seem. As has been pointed out before, releasing the source to Redline would involve a series of hassles to avoid releasing code relating to, for example, the Ambrosia license code registration system. If you wait a while there'll prolly be some PPC emulators that will be released for Lion, I dunno there might already be some. Personally I would recommend directing your frustration towards Apple for disabling all support for PPC a few years after the Intel switch rather than an at an old product (Redline) not being updated enough.
Back to top Go down
SP!TF!RE

SP!TF!RE

New buggy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New buggy!   New buggy! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 1:57 am

I think should be mad at who I want cuz I know RedLine is a older game but still. It's not like someone can't remake the programs I know someone who can but they need permission to do it and it would cost them for the application to make it. So it's not as hard as it sounds and I can still be mad at ambrosia or RedLine caz in my opinion they should keep shit up to date.
Back to top Go down
buzzy

buzzy

New buggy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New buggy!   New buggy! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 3:27 am

SP!TF!RE wrote:
I think should be mad at who I want cuz I know RedLine is a older game but still. It's not like someone can't remake the programs I know someone who can but they need permission to do it and it would cost them for the application to make it. So it's not as hard as it sounds and I can still be mad at ambrosia or RedLine caz in my opinion they should keep shit up to date.
It's actually not just a matter of permission—releasing the code would involve all sorts of issues that would have to be dealt with by both Jonas and ASW. Remaking Redline from scratch would take years—just like the original game did, regardless of whether or not permission was granted. Furthermore, the permission to remake Redline would not be in the hands of ASW, since they're only responsible for its distribution, and I'm fairly sure they would allow it if it were. You would have to contact Jonas directly.

I am still bemused at how you, along with a number of Redliners, turbo or sim, seem to regard ASW as a large corporate enemy figure. I would fully sympathize with you if ASW was a financially secure company with a large staff and still not doing anything to maintain a popular product (Redline) do to lack of profitability. Unfortunately, ASW is actually a small company, and if you would take the time to contact them and think through their responses, they wouldn't seem like such a large unapproachable entity.

I also don't understand why you wouldn't direct your frustration towards Apple, considering that they have just completely disabled all PowerPC applications for absolutely no reason, and it is almost impossible to contact them for further information.

tl;dr: Consider the fact that ASW is a small company, that Apple is a large company, and that Jonas holds most of the rights to Redline before releasing your frustration on ASW.
Back to top Go down
SP!TF!RE

SP!TF!RE

New buggy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New buggy!   New buggy! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 12:53 pm

See that's the prop to being me i can be mad at whoever i want lol! .
honestly i a bit mad at the whole situation of RedLine starting to fail as is most people who actually play the game.
think of it this way Buzzy, if they don't do something soon and Apple goes for another update what if it wipes out RedLine totally. they wont try to fix it if its not a profit to them i get it.
but once its gone its gone for good unless someone does something about it.
i get what your saying tho. i have emailed them directly before with the intent of getting a email back but the was 3 or 4 years ago when i was a hard core player who was on all the time designing and making tracks and cars for people to enjoy when things started to quit on me that when i gave it up for a while. and now that it will pretty much be dead soon enjoy it while you have it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New buggy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New buggy!   New buggy! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New buggy!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Redline Turbo Forum :: Sup :: Makin stuff-
Jump to: