Redline Turbo Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redline Turbo Forum

The place to discuss turbo stuff.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inBadloveaddiction.com

Impossible strategy - and it worked!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bb

bb

Impossible  strategy - and it worked! Empty
PostSubject: Impossible strategy - and it worked!   Impossible  strategy - and it worked! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 3:50 pm

In a BL-game with 3 reds and 3 blacks.

Imagine 3 blacks are gone. You cant get them. Reds were acting stupid. Game is lost.
It only comes to Ant's mind to reverse in the last lap and try a texas on the final straight.
Whenever he tried it (which is a good thing because we had lost anyway), we could not turn the game as far as my brain memorizes.

But. Here it worked.
Smooth. Impossible.

But so nice.

Enjoy
Back to top Go down
REV

PostSubject: Re: Impossible strategy - and it worked!   Impossible  strategy - and it worked! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 3:43 pm

This 'move' is called TEXAS... thx BB for the save - made a little movie for you guys.
To learn Smile

or link to Vimeo alternative... (in just a minute)
Back to top Go down
http://www.revrs.com
REV

PostSubject: Re: Impossible strategy - and it worked!   Impossible  strategy - and it worked! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 7:42 pm

2011 and Texas has happend twice... feels like christmas!

ANT
SLING
REV

did a perfect Texas - jan 14/15th
Back to top Go down
Slingshot

Slingshot

PostSubject: Re: Impossible strategy - and it worked!   Impossible  strategy - and it worked! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 4:00 pm

Here are some general observations and thoughts about the similarities of the two successful Texas maneuvers, since I was involved on the losing side of the first and the winning side of the second (as was Rev).

1. Both involved Ant as the instigator of the Texas. Once he is on his last lap, you have about 37 seconds (give or take .20) to finish it.
2. Drunner was in first place on both losing teams and went in before the game was over. Not a criticism, just an observation.
3. In both cases, one person was "caught" while the other two were successfully past the action. Another teammate turned around and tried frantically to help. Obviously, not only were they unsuccessful but may have exacerbated the problem. Hard to say. This is not to be seen as a bad thing per se, again, just an observation.
4. The two holders worked extremely well together making sure that they didn't accidentally set the opponent free.
5. The team that lost invariably made some mistakes because they were over aggressive. In Muk's case (poor Muk), he was trying to help a weak teammate. By the time he got trapped there was no one left to help him.

Final thoughts on defensive strategies against the Texas:

1. Think before you act. Now that we know the Texas can be successful it will be again. I don't believe them to be a fluke.
2. Over aggressive moves like ramming the opponent at full speed to try and free a teammate may not be the best idea because if you aren't successful, you've now created a bigger problem.
3. On a Texas especially don't go in prematurely. Instead reverse at the finish line and look for the opportunity for a single, stealth hit. Patience, timing and accuracy are crucial.
4. And last of all imho, the instigator of the Texas should be treated as a lapped opponent (which of course, they are). Hold them for as long as possible as part of the strategy. This will force the other team into over aggressive moves to break him free. Perhaps that can be used to your advantage. (I'm sure I'll get some disagreement on this one.)

And last, I take this game way too damn seriously. Let's lighten up and celebrate the success of these. I'm mostly talking about myself on this one. I love Rev's attitude about all this. When I grow up I want to be like him.
Back to top Go down
bb

bb

PostSubject: Re: Impossible strategy - and it worked!   Impossible  strategy - and it worked! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 5:00 pm

Its just amazing as i was thinking to myself "We lost" whenever one (=Ant Wink ) tried it.
I always knew the intention, but the possibility to have one team being in front of the other involves good drivers on the leading team, and stoping good drivers is always hard.

I really thank Slinger for the observation - still miss the movie or redlog of the second happening though (the movie on the first one by Rev is just so nice - thanks mate!).

I feel like if you dont get nervous as member of the leading team and stop only before the finish-line and don't get caught, your team will win.
Chances of making it worse and bringing a vette as target to the 2 destroyers is just a gift.

Maybe there is a chance to make a nice hit when you reverse, but the risk is pretty high - and the two teammates are on fire now, thats sure!
Glad to see so nice action!
Back to top Go down
Slingshot

Slingshot

PostSubject: Re: Impossible strategy - and it worked!   Impossible  strategy - and it worked! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 5:35 pm

"still miss the movie or redlog of the second happening though"

Unfortunately, Muk did a rq (he was hosting). Can't say I blame him, poor guy. He was only trying to help.

Back to top Go down
bb

bb

PostSubject: Re: Impossible strategy - and it worked!   Impossible  strategy - and it worked! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 5:51 pm

oh, rq.

oh.

Impossible  strategy - and it worked! 6
Back to top Go down
wheelsmoke

PostSubject: Re: Impossible strategy - and it worked!   Impossible  strategy - and it worked! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 4:10 am

Yes i entirely agree with sling. Great observations, mate. I Also take this game too seriously at times too. like sling said. lets just have fun! we are all very good bl players by now. if we stay positive and don't fight over the game (which I know can be hard!!) theres a better chance this redline turbo community will live a little longer. and of course if we're nice to new players, they can experience the greatness of this awesome racing/strategy game that has become my (or our) drug of choice.

Lastly,
I wanna be like Rev when i grow up, too. - but idk what my wife would say about the constant gaming..

Wink

I love you guys !! NO HOMO !!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
REV

PostSubject: Re: Impossible strategy - and it worked!   Impossible  strategy - and it worked! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 5:58 pm

the weird part is, i wanne be like u guys. fast, smart, kind! when i grow up.

So much to learn from u guys. So little time...
I love being part of this game!

wish we could all meet some time...

bl = my (or our) drug of choice!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Impossible strategy - and it worked!   Impossible  strategy - and it worked! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Impossible strategy - and it worked!
Page 1 of 1