Redline Turbo Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redline Turbo Forum

The place to discuss turbo stuff.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inBadloveaddiction.com

THE ROGUE and what it should do

Go down 
+5
Drunner
REV
theo_huxtable
Slingshot
Lum
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Lum

Lum

THE ROGUE and what it should do Empty
PostSubject: THE ROGUE and what it should do   THE ROGUE and what it should do I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 8:42 pm

let's talk about what the rogue should do
Back to top Go down
http://www.badloveaddiction.com
Slingshot

Slingshot

PostSubject: Re: THE ROGUE and what it should do   THE ROGUE and what it should do I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 11:18 pm

Ok, I just wrote this long rant about rogues but decided instead to describe some of the roguing styles as I see them. Some people do one or more styles within a single game. Feel free to add your own.

The Kamikaze: This player loves to drive at high speed in the opposite direction and try to take out the leader and send them all the way to China. (Unless you are near China, then you'll get sent all the way to Nebraska.) Oh, sure they'll take out an innocent player or two along the way but hey, they're good and they can "fix it".

The Nibbler: This person loves to ride with the pack and really get involved, ping ponging from one leading team to the next, even in a tight race. Sometimes they get over involved and start messing with player's fights. If he's good and the leaders are tied, heck, he can even take them both on at once. After all his job is to make the game really close isn't it?

The Waiter: Ok, you've just gone one on one with Ant or Lum. Lo and behold a miracle happens, you actually won the dual. Not so fast pal, the Waiter has been patiently waiting 2 feet away to block you so you can start that dual all over again. Gee thanks!

The Sniper: The sniper tends to lurk behind the corners, particularly at the chicane. Mostly they are waiting in reverse to hit the leading team, but sometimes they will block or simply let the traffic go by.

For the record, there have been times I have been guilty of being a gcr (that's "generally clueless rogue", I'm taking credit for inventing the term with help from Lum and Giz). In general, I prefer the sniper style but sometimes if I think the lead is big enough I play nibbler a little by driving out farther and blocking to the best of my ability until it is close again and then get out of the way. Admittedly this can be annoying to some people. I hate the Kamikaze style but most people who do it could care less what I or anyone else thinks.

Perhaps we should reframe the question a bit. Maybe the question should really be "When (and where) should the rogue get involved in the game?" and "When (and where) should they absolutely stay out of it?" I'm thinking of trying a new rule for myself. Roguing can only happen between the chicane and the last corner. I'd only break that rule if the leading team had a huge lead. Then it's Kamikazee, baby! :]
Back to top Go down
theo_huxtable

theo_huxtable

PostSubject: Re: THE ROGUE and what it should do   THE ROGUE and what it should do I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 11:58 pm

Back in the day I used to be really good at kamikaze roguing, but since then skill levels have developed so much, I find that style has become far less efficient.
Back to top Go down
REV

PostSubject: Re: THE ROGUE and what it should do   THE ROGUE and what it should do I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 3:05 pm

The goal of the Rogue
- Keep balance in the first 2 laps
- Help a team that seems lost in lap 3
- Last corner is the place where roging ends in lap 3

5 rules

Rule 1
A rogue should always drive the track revers

Rule 2
The rogue standard attacks front 4 cars (3x3)

Rule 3
The rogue may attack car 5 / 6 when there is a 4x4 (+1) situation

Rule 4
NEVER attack the last two car

Rule 5
The rogue may only hold/bock the first 2 cars

Last edited by REV on Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.revrs.com
Drunner

Drunner

PostSubject: Rule 6   THE ROGUE and what it should do I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 9:37 am

I would like to underline REV's point on where Roging Job ends and even include it as the Rule 6.

Rule 6 : Last corner is the place where roging ends in lap 3.

AT the last corner in Lap 3, the Rogue can still smash, hold, crash and/or make Love to help the loosing Team, but from there to the finish he should not get involved in the Game ad all (Time to get a Beer and turn on a Ciggi).

That will enable the skills of the players and Teamwork better come to Validity, and not like it many times happens, to be destroyed by a Rogue right on the finish-line or close to it.

Cool Drunner.
Back to top Go down
http://www.andyluescher.ch
wheelsmoke

PostSubject: Re: THE ROGUE and what it should do   THE ROGUE and what it should do I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 10:23 am

Drunner wrote:
(Time to get a Beer and turn on a Ciggi). Cool

Cheers, Drun!!
Back to top Go down
HammerHead

PostSubject: Re: THE ROGUE and what it should do   THE ROGUE and what it should do I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 4:16 pm

Rule 1
A rogue should always drive the track revers

BAH! That eliminates most of the strategies Sling pointed out.
Back to top Go down
sploden

PostSubject: Re: THE ROGUE and what it should do   THE ROGUE and what it should do I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 12:51 am

The rogue is a thankless job (as Lum has said), and I think he or she should have fun doing whatever they do, but they must be mindful:

A successful rogue balances a game precariously using all manner of different methods wisely and tastefully.

Don't get involved if there is a possibility of turnover, unless the turnover is likely to occur after too long a period of time has passed.

The rogue should maximize fights between the two teams and minimize his own fighting.

The rogue should not be responsible for the outcome of the game.
Back to top Go down
PeteyP

PeteyP

PostSubject: Re: THE ROGUE and what it should do   THE ROGUE and what it should do I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 1:53 pm

I kinda hate rogue's then they always wreck a good game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE ROGUE and what it should do   THE ROGUE and what it should do I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE ROGUE and what it should do
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Redline Turbo Forum :: Sup :: Strategy-
Jump to: