Redline Turbo Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redline Turbo Forum

The place to discuss turbo stuff.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inBadloveaddiction.com

A Reverse Poll (uh...sort of)

Go down 
4 posters

Where is the the worst spot to do a reverse hit on HSL?
On the first curve.
A Reverse Poll (uh...sort of) I_vote_lcap0%A Reverse Poll (uh...sort of) I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Between the first curve and the 1st (mini) chicane.
A Reverse Poll (uh...sort of) I_vote_lcap0%A Reverse Poll (uh...sort of) I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Between 1st (mini) and the 2nd (major) chicane.
A Reverse Poll (uh...sort of) I_vote_lcap7%A Reverse Poll (uh...sort of) I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
In the middle of the 2nd chicane.
A Reverse Poll (uh...sort of) I_vote_lcap7%A Reverse Poll (uh...sort of) I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Between the last curve and the chicane.
 0% [ 0 ]
After the last curve.
A Reverse Poll (uh...sort of) I_vote_lcap14%A Reverse Poll (uh...sort of) I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
On the long straightaway.
A Reverse Poll (uh...sort of) I_vote_lcap29%A Reverse Poll (uh...sort of) I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 4 ]
I'm going to reverse anywhere so screw you.
A Reverse Poll (uh...sort of) I_vote_lcap29%A Reverse Poll (uh...sort of) I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 4 ]
Reversing is for wusses anyway so why bother.
A Reverse Poll (uh...sort of) I_vote_lcap14%A Reverse Poll (uh...sort of) I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
Slingshot

Slingshot

A Reverse Poll (uh...sort of) Empty
PostSubject: A Reverse Poll (uh...sort of)   A Reverse Poll (uh...sort of) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 1:49 pm

After getting hit twice in the same spot by teammates doing reverses, I thought I should waste some time and do a poll. If you feel compelled, give some insight into your answer or just vent about the heroism (or idiocy) of reverses.

My vote goes to the spot between the mini and major chicane on the backside. (The little S curve and the big S curve.) It seems like a good spot to reverse but rogues (and teammates) always seem to miss and take out the wrong car. Since I do a lot of reverses that is one spot where I never do one. Well, almost never because sometimes you just can't help yourself.
Back to top Go down
Feeshticle

PostSubject: Re: A Reverse Poll (uh...sort of)   A Reverse Poll (uh...sort of) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 2:53 pm

gotta go with anywhere... surprise works better than preparing and sitting in one spot.
Back to top Go down
Slingshot

Slingshot

PostSubject: Re: A Reverse Poll (uh...sort of)   A Reverse Poll (uh...sort of) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 6:23 pm

Feeshticle wrote:
gotta go with anywhere... surprise works better than preparing and sitting in one spot.

I have to disagree with this. "Surprise anywhere" is what gets teams in trouble and teammates annoyed. (Even though the shit usually buffs out anyway, right?javascript:emoticonp('Wink') ) It might make for some occasional great plays but there are usually a lot more misses than hits this way. Sitting in one spot and preparing allows you the time to position your car at the right angle so that no matter what maneuver your opponent makes, you can adjust to it and make contact. It just depends if you want your reverses to be high percentage hits. But as implied in the poll, there are some players who don't care if their reverses are effective or not; they're just going to do them anyway they want. (For Lum, did you notice I used there, their and they're properly all in the same sentence?)

I don't mind the fact that people know that I'm always sitting in the same spot where a reverse might be waiting for them. I count on it. I've watched a lot of opponents take themselves or another teammate out because they have to think about what move they're going to have to make at the corner and make the wrong one.
Back to top Go down
sploden

PostSubject: Re: A Reverse Poll (uh...sort of)   A Reverse Poll (uh...sort of) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 5:59 am

I think the worst place to reverse hit extends from the starting line to the end of the straightaway. Behind the finish line is where many games have been turned over at the last split second by reverses aiming for people coming out of the last bend, so from the last corner to the finsh line is an excellent place to reverse, whereas if it's not the last lap the target car will have reached top speed by the line, and will therefore be harder to hit.
Back to top Go down
Feeshticle

PostSubject: Re: A Reverse Poll (uh...sort of)   A Reverse Poll (uh...sort of) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 2:24 pm

Quote :
I have to disagree with this. "Surprise anywhere" is what gets teams in trouble and teammates annoyed. (Even though the shit usually buffs out anyway, right?javascript:emoticonp('') ) It might make for some occasional great plays but there are usually a lot more misses than hits this way. Sitting in one spot and preparing allows you the time to position your car at the right angle so that no matter what maneuver your opponent makes, you can adjust to it and make contact. It just depends if you want your reverses to be high percentage hits. But as implied in the poll, there are some players who don't care if their reverses are effective or not; they're just going to do them anyway they want. (For Lum, did you notice I used there, their and they're properly all in the same sentence?)

u can't forget to use any knowledge u may have of ur opponents... some players have tendancies to do certain things... if u can anticipate wht an oppenent will do or whr they will end up u can reverse in places to surprise thm.

some team mates will hold while u reverse to flip the enemy they're holding... ant & rev do this regularly...

so what i'm saying is the situation is not always the same.... if u react quickly u can take an enemy by surprise and create A LOT of runaway games.
Back to top Go down
Flash

Flash

PostSubject: Re: A Reverse Poll (uh...sort of)   A Reverse Poll (uh...sort of) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 2:52 am

Lol I have no clue what a chicane is. I have already voted but I think I voted for the wrong thing so I'm goin to describe my answer. I think the worst place is during the 2nd to last curve which you skid around. I'm talking about actually being in the middle of the curve THAT PRECEEDS the mini straight stretch AND the LAST CURVE that lead onto the long straight stretch and the finish line. The best places are of course after the last curve and after the curve that preceeds the area I'm talking about and I think is the worst... If u understood my explanation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Reverse Poll (uh...sort of)   A Reverse Poll (uh...sort of) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Reverse Poll (uh...sort of)
Page 1 of 1